Here at PhoneyFresh I share my weirdo interests, including (but not limited to): Garage sale and dumpster treasures, vintage magazine innards, glorious VHS trash, forgotten LP covers, self help schlock, vexing vixens, my kitschy kollekshuns and oh, so much more. Ninety-nine percent of the content you see here is from my own collection. Scanned by me, photographed by me, etc. No low-res Google search globby jpeg junk here folks! Dig!

Jan 19, 2007

Avon American Sportster

You might wonder where the cheesy photo in the header comes from. This is the packaging from an Avon product called American Sportster. It's like a big thing of Blistex-type stuff in a nifty little 70's style container. Protects your skin from harmful UV rays in the summer and from dryness and chapping in the colder season, as the logo and pictures suggest. I just liked the idea of this smoky romantic looking portrait overlaid on top of an intrusive dune buggy. It just has a strange visual appeal to it.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

This is a stylish blog!

Anonymous said...

"stylish" in the clint eastwood "dirty harry" sense?