Here at PhoneyFresh I share my weirdo interests, including (but not limited to): Garage sale and dumpster treasures, vintage magazine innards, glorious VHS trash, forgotten LP covers, self help schlock, vexing vixens, my kitschy kollekshuns and oh, so much more. Ninety-nine percent of the content you see here is from my own collection. Scanned by me, photographed by me, etc. No low-res Google search globby jpeg junk here folks! Dig!

Jan 26, 2007

The Awful World of Glamour Portraits

Yes for a small fee of only $19.95 you too can have your own deluxe 8x10 glamor portrait! Of course the entire package of various 8x10's, 5x7's and wallet sizes will cost you a couple hundred bucks. But it's worth it! Just look how glamorous you too can look! My mom actually did one of these one time with a friend of hers. It was a special promo they'd seen on a flyer. The fly-by-night portrait studio just so happened to be in a motel room. The make-up artist was a chain smoking rough edged lady who claimed to be a make up artist for Las Vegas show girls. They teased my moms hair up into this foot tall frizz bomb, caked on the make up, and covered her in a lovely garland of brightly colored feathers. They did the same to my mom's friend who, when she went home was applauded by her husband as looking "more beautiful than ever" and they went straight out for dinner. They also bought the entire photo package. I wish I had my mom's photo to share, but I don't think she'd like that.

I actually know this lady (above), I just happened to find her pic on Google.

This girl (above) went to my high school and this is her Senior photo as it appeared in my yearbook.


Oh yes, don't forget about the strange world of dog glamor photography......

6 comments:

DedTony said...

These remind me of "Glamour shots by Deb" from Napoleon Dynamite...hahaha...and the dog one...HUH? WHY?

yahnyinlondon said...

LOL! These are priceless. So 80's! and yes, Napoleon Dynamite sums it up well.

baikinange said...

This WHOLE blog kicks ass, now get out there to the thrift shops and find us MORE great crap. Yes, NOW.

phoneyfresh said...

Ok, ok! I'm going right now! If you don't watch out this blog will kick YOUR ass! Ha Ha Ha....

Martin Klasch said...

Deeply disturbing photos but deeply funny! Keep it up!

M said...

At first I was sure that smile on the dog was a photoshop, but no. Oh no.

Great blog! :)