Here at PhoneyFresh I share my weirdo interests, including (but not limited to): Garage sale and dumpster treasures, vintage magazine innards, glorious VHS trash, forgotten LP covers, self help schlock, vexing vixens, my kitschy kollekshuns and oh, so much more. Ninety-nine percent of the content you see here is from my own collection. Scanned by me, photographed by me, etc. No low-res Google search globby jpeg junk here folks! Dig!

Jan 27, 2011

FOUND: Trash Picker and the Summons

Apparently in the days of yore, record album sleeves were a great place to stash stuff. On many occasions I have found things like documents, photos, letters, and even a Mary Wanna roach nestled in the gatefold of Led Zeppelin II. I do suppose that they are a perfect place to keep documents safe and flat, as long as you remember just what album you placed that all so important Dear John letter into.

Here we have what appears to be a photo of a man rifling through a trash barrel dated March of 1977 and a Court summons for intoxication dated July of '77. Are these events related in some way? Why did this person feel it necessary to preserve these for future generations inside an Elvis album sleeve? The world may never know (or care).




No comments: