Here at PhoneyFresh I share my weirdo interests, including (but not limited to): Garage sale and dumpster treasures, vintage magazine innards, glorious VHS trash, forgotten LP covers, self help schlock, vexing vixens, my kitschy kollekshuns and oh, so much more. Ninety-nine percent of the content you see here is from my own collection. Scanned by me, photographed by me, etc. No low-res Google search globby jpeg junk here folks! Dig!

Jan 31, 2011

Children of the Flaming Wheel

The following is an excerpt from Spirit World #1 Fall, 1971. Spirit World was the brainchild of the legendary comic artist Jack Kirby and only made it as far as the first issue.





Kirby was a pioneer in more ways than one. Aside from the fact that he was one of the greatest comic illustrators of all time, he also incorporated far out collages into his work on occasion. This is my favorite shot from the spread and it showcases a little bit of Jack's great collage work. It really blows my mind!


No comments: