Here at PhoneyFresh I share my weirdo interests, including (but not limited to): Garage sale and dumpster treasures, vintage magazine innards, glorious VHS trash, forgotten LP covers, self help schlock, vexing vixens, my kitschy kollekshuns and oh, so much more. Ninety-nine percent of the content you see here is from my own collection. Scanned by me, photographed by me, etc. No low-res Google search globby jpeg junk here folks! Dig!

Jan 16, 2007

Levi's "The Stranger" 1970's TV Commercial



here's a far out Levi's commercial from the early 70's. They use this technique called rotoscoping, where they take film of actual actors and paint over top of it giving it an eerie half cartoon/half human look. They used this same effect in "The Lord of the Rings" cartoons from the 70's and in the recent sci-fi film "A Scanner Darkly".

1 comment:

Monkey Groupie said...

Hi Tony!

I'm Amy - girlfriend of The Original Crazy Dave! :) I've become a "Toe-Knee" fan, and have been checking out your blog. Just wanted to let you know that the narrator of this commercial is none other than Ken Nordine - famous for "word Jazz". I bet you'd like him. :)